Castle of the Knights of Malta.
The "Castle of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta" was constructed between 1160 and 1170 as a fortified hospital. The original nucleus consisted of the bell-tower and the ancient chapel dedicated to St. John the Baptist, which contains two 16th century frescoes of the school of Pinturicchio. Over the centuries, the castle has been subject to various modifications, until it achieved its present appearance. Particularly impressive is the courtyard, with its loggia covering three sides.
The Lambardi Tower. Built in the 12th and 13th centuries by members of the Order of the Knights of Jerusalem, the Lambardi Tower rises on a hill behind the town. Built on a rectangular plan, it had a barbican to defend the entrance. The base of the tower takes the form of a tall plinth supported by bastions. It is 30 metres high, but the original battlements have now disappeared. In the 14th century it served as an advance observation post and a strategic defence for the Knights of Jerusalem. Long abandoned, it is now the property of the Magione Local Authority. Its recent restoration means it can once more be enjoyed by the public.